MUST BE A MEMBER TO PARTICIPATE IN THE TRACTOR PULL!
Antique Tractor Pull Rules
In the interest of safety to participants and spectators, these rules are to be read and obeyed by all participants.
Pulling committee reserve the right to disqualify any participant upon infraction of these rules.
$10 PER HOOK, HOOK FEE.
Eligibility of Contestant
- Driver must be 12 years of age or older (Written Parental consent under 16), MUST BE MEMBER TO PULL FOR INSURANCE REASONS NO EXCEPTIONS, MEMBERSHIP CARD MUST BE SEEN PRIOR TO PULLING.
- Drivers must follow safety guidelines:
Drivers must be firmly seated in the seat at all times in a forward normal upright position. No standing or bouncing permitted. Drivers must have a least one hand on the steering wheel except when operating brakes on hand brake models. Feet must be in general vicinity of clutch and brake at all times.
- Tractors must be operated in a safe manner at all times using lowest gear on and off the track.
ELIGIBILITY OF TRACTORS
- 1965 and older tractors. Tractors must have stock block and no external parts manufactured for tractors built outside class limits. Any tractor that has a serial number or other parts to make a newer tractor appear legal will be disqualified. Responsibility for proof of eligibility shall lie with the owner.
- Tractors must be wheel driven. NO CUT TIRES, PERIOD. No dual wheel or tire chains. Crawler class to be established if enough interest is shown.
- All fans, running PTO or exposed moving parts must be shielded. Seats must be stationary, fore and aft.
- 3mph speed limit. PERIOD. No shifting or T/A’s or torque converters. Pick a gear and stay in it.
- Right draw bar with a rigid clevis or fixed pulling eye to be 18 inches or lower at pulling point. If clevis or fixed pulling eye is not used, the highest point of pull will be measured (top of draw bar, washers, or back of twisted clevis). Minimum of 24 inches behind center of axle to pulling point and minimum of 3 inch opening in hitching eye, 2 point and 3 point hitches must be made rigid to prevent lifting during pulling.
- Any fuel mixture other than gasoline, LP, or diesel fuel will be grounds for disqualification.
- 10% Over Rated Hi-Idle
- Tractors will be weighted and placed in WEIGHT CLASSES: 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500, 7000, 7500, 8000, 9000.
- Eligibility or tractors according to weight classes:
~Up to and including 6500 pound class tires not to exceed 15.5 x 38 or 16.9 x 34, suit case and or wheel weights allowed.
~7000-9000 pound class. Tires not to exceed 18.4 x 38, suit case and or wheel weights allowed.
- In all classes if weights are put on front the weight itself must not exceed more than 24 inches past front tires. The weight must not interfere with the steering and or operation of tractor. Falling weights will be grounds for disqualification.
- Wheelie bars encouraged, tractors without wheelie bars will have string and washer attached, once washer lifts off ground. you will be red flagged and that will be your distance.
- NO TURBOS
- Tractors must stop immediately upon RED FLAG SIGNAL from the Judge or be disqualified. If the Track Judge stops the puller for any reason, the puller takes the distance where he was stopped, unless sled malfunctioned. If driver attempts to stop before 40 feet, they are entitled to one restart.Only two
- NO ONE ALLOWED ONT HE TRACK EXCEPT OFFICIALS AND THE PULLER, NO CHILDREN OR EXTRA RIDERS ON TRACTORS, ONLY ONE PERSON MAY BE ON A TRACTOR IN MOTION.
- Only two hooks allowed each tractor, unless a tie is declared in top-placing tractors. If disqualification is ruled on a top-placing tractor, all other tractors move up in placing. More hooks may be allowed depending on turnout.
- Tractors will be stopped if front end raises higher than flagman decided is safe if not equipped with wheelie bars. Wheelie bars are acceptable for safety, but are not required, all slack must be out of the sled pulling chain before starting pull. No jackrabbit starts. No puller shall start pulling until given a GREEN FLAG SIGNAL, from the Track Judge.
- First tractor to pull in each class will be the test puller. Test puller will have the option to retain that distance o the first pull, or of dropping to third position and pulling again. If test puller elects to pull in third position, he forfeits first distance pulled.
- Any tractor or contestant may be protested for rules violation or safety reasons, at any time by an member or contestant until final placing of the class. Pulling committee will handle any protests.
- ALL DECISIONS OF THE JUDGES WILL BE FINAL.
- Registration for each class ends once preceding class starts.