Antique tractor pulling, April 23, 2016, Sam Strause
Jan. 2017- The antique tractor pulling rules are now posted for the 2017 season.
5.00 HOOK fee
You MUST be a Member
Trophy will be given at the August show
First place winners in each weight class
(must have 2 pullers in each class
Antique Tractor Pulling Rules
Tractors must be manufactured by year 1959 or earlier to participate. Farmall 60 series and John Deere 30 series 2 cylders or tractors where production on them started in 1959 are the exceptions and they will be allowed to pull.. All tractors must appear stock. We want a safe and enjoyable show for the spectators at the Old Time Plowboys. We want tractors to operate at a maximum speed of 5 MPH around the show. All tractors will have a speed limit of first gear or 2-3/4 mph on track, NO TORQUE CONVERTERS. If you disobey the speed limit you will be disqualified. Hitch maximum height 18”, minimum from center of draw bar 24”, minimum 3” hole in twisted clevis or flat plate horizontal to the ground.
Tire sizes: Rim may not be wider than tire size
Sizes: 4,000 to 4,500 lbs. max. 170 sq. in. 13.6-38, 5000 to 5500 lbs. max. 200 sq. in. 15.5-38, 5501-6500 max., 220 sq. in. 16.9-34, 6501+ 300 sq. in. 18.4-38
Tractors will be checked for obvious safety problems when weighed in. Entry fee is $5 per class. Everyone pulls at their own risk and the owners of tractors are responsible for any damage or injury by their equipment. The pulling committee will discuss any argument. Classes: 2500, 3000, 3500, 4000, 4500, 5000, 5500, 6000, 6500, 7500, and 8500
1. All tractor owners must sign a release form concerning responsibility of their equipment.
2. Speed not over 5 MPH off the track. Safety is still the operator’s responsibility, and everyone’s priority. The owner of the tractor is responsible for damage or injury.
3. 10% over factory rpm’s; checking will be done if questionable.
4. Line-up for classes will be determined by registration order. If the sled is not set correctly we will call the first one or two tractors back; please don’t change weights for another class until we are sure the sled is set. Two classes per tractor, two drivers per class.
5. The driver must start the pull with a tight chain and at the starting signal from the flagman.
6. Speed must be controlled by a hand throttle, or factory stock foot throttle. No strings or wires allowed.
7. Drivers must remain on the seat and maintain full control of their tractor during the pull.
8. Tractors losing weight or any other object while hooked to the sled will be disqualified.
9. Tractor must stay within the pull boundaries
10. No turbos, naturally aspirated only
11. MUST BE A MEMBER TO PULL; NO EXCEPTIONS
12. Participants 12-17 must have written parental consent
13. Tractor is allowed a second attempt if driver stops before 40’
14. Pullers, are encouraged to have a fire extinguisher on their tractor.
15. Test pullers may choose to drop hook and return right away or at end of class
All participants pull at their own risk.
The club will not be responsible for any accidents and/or broken or damaged tractors.
these pulls are for fun, so be safe and be courteous to your other pullers!!!
"Big or small, bring them out we'll pull them all!"
Remember: We will be collecting $5.00 hook up fee, starting at the April 2008 show